Exporting is the sale of products and services in foreign countries that are sourced or made in the home country. Exporting sarees is quite a trending and opportunistic business channel for Indian traders thinking to invest in the saree trade from India. Saree is traded all around the world. There are almost 135 countries and territories, which actively import Saree from India. The combined value of total export is 410 cr INR. In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about exporting sarees from India.
What do you need to export sarees from India?
– Register your company for GSTIN.
– Apply for IEC. An Importer-Exporter Code (IEC) is a key business identification number which is mandatory for export from India or Import to India. No export or import shall be made by any person without obtaining an IEC unless specifically exempted. Check out here for more information regarding IEC.
– Get a list of saree manufacturers
– Arrange a list of saree importers in case you need customers.
– Get a laptop/smartphone with good internet connection
How to start saree export business from India?
To start exporting sarees from India, you would need a requisite license(IEC) in order to trade a large number of sarees to different countries. You would need to work with different multiple saree manufacturers who will help you to create a range of variety in the stock. Manufacturers from all over the country can be contacted to expand your reach and promote various Indian styles of sarees.
– After getting an IEC code from the ministry of commerce and trade, you can start contacting saree manufacturers within India to get you started with the stock of sarees you will export from India.
– Now start researching among different style of sarees for the demand you will supply. Research over the demand in different foreign markets and choose accordingly which lot of sarees you will export to maximize your profits.
– Prepare a business plan to decide the efficient selling cost of your sarees keeping in mind the cost that would get input in exporting the lot. The input cost will include shipment cost from manufacturer to your place. You can take help from a third party agency for shipment and storage, with a cost added to it. But this cost is generally effective keeping in mind the hassle of order management. You can check out Amazon Global Selling services and Alibaba to help you ship your sarees outside India.
– Thats it once done with deciding the costs involved with shipment of sarees from manufacturers to export and deciding over the storage service, you can start exporting your selected sarees and start your seller journey internationally!
Which sarees to export from India?
In India, different regional cultures have different prevalent styles of sarees that are the soul of the Indian saree market. Saree exporters in India are known for having an extremely extensive collection of garments. Some of the most popular styles of sarees that are exported abroad are the Banarasi sarees. These are made of fine silk with pure gold or pure silver zari work conducted on it, depending on the design and color of the fabric itself.
These sarees are one of the most opulent and luxurious forms of sarees and are widely recognised by women throughout the world, including women in India as they are at the higher end of the market in terms of price. Regional sarees, such as Rajasthani sarees with bandhani work, which is a form of tie and dye work that is unique to the states of Rajasthan and Gujarat. Kancheepuram silk sarees that are unique to the South Indian states only are also among most popular and can be found when contacting a saree exporter quite easily. Similarly, tant sarees are a widely accepted representative of Bengali culture. Whereas Maharashtrian sarees, which are known as Nevaris, can also be easily arranged when dealing with an Indian saree exporter.
Sarees are a creation of wonder for garment businesses. Sarees exude an aura of sophistication and charm and are considered to be one of the most important garments to come out of the Indian ethnic fashion industry. The blouses themselves also come in many variants like backless, sleeveless, spaghetti strapped and choli top being the most famous out of the entire collection. Sarees, depending on the style, fabric used and work done, can be worn for both formal and informal occasions. Women prefer wearing lighter cotton sarees for informal occasions while wearing more opulent silk sarees for semi-formal and formal occasions.
Check out our Saree Map of India to know more about different types of sarees prevalent in India.
Ways to Contact Saree Manufacturers and Importers
There are several websites online from where you can get a curated list of saree manufacturers from where you can arrange sarees to pile up your stock. For example, check out this website.
Similarly, you can find saree importers outside India that can help you in distributing your stock. Some websites are Connect2India, go4worldbusiness, Tradeford, etc that can provide you with list of importers that they can connect you with to export your stock of sarees.
How to display sarees to your clients?
In case you are planning to open an online presence of saree export business, you would need a good pretty catalog to display your sarees to your client. For this you would need a model photoshoot which is generally too expensive and time consuming.
A cost effective alternative is to use TRI3D Saree Draping Software that will drape your sarees onto a model and will give you photorealistic display images in 2 minutes. The software is a wonder for sellers across the world to display sarees onto a model without time consuming expensive model photoshoot.
Subscribe to know more such exciting news and updates on saree business!
The saree export industry is quite vast and opportunistically advantageous. Due to the high demand for this ethnic garment of saree, people all over the world generate a global demand for saree exporters across the world. Thus it is a trending and profitable business channel for saree exporters across the globe, especially India, which is the home to several traditional styles of production that contributes to our innate culture of ethnic and traditional saree wear.
Want to know about Buyers, with their contact Details.